mercoledì 17 ottobre 2007

Tracy CHEVALIER: "I have always loved Vermeer's paintings"


La ragazza con l'orecchino di perla (Girl with a Pearl Earring) (Neri Pozza, 2000): "I was lying in bed one morning, worrying about what I was going to write next (writers are always worrying about that). A poster of the Vermeer painting Girl With a Pearl Earring hung in my bedroom, as it had done since I was 19 and first discovered the painting. I lay there idly contemplating the girl's face, and thought suddenly, 'I wonder what Vermeer did to her to make her look like that. Now there’s a story worth writing'. Within three days I had the whole story worked out. It was effortless; I could see all the drama and conflict in the look on her face. Vermeer had done my work for me".
Il film di Peter Webber (2003)
I libri di Tracy Chevalier
Intervista a Tracy Chevalier
"Le storie di Tracy Chevalier" (da RaiLibro)
Intervista a T. Chevalier (da BBC)
"In the Forests of the Night" (da GuardianUnlimitedBooks)
"Love Among the Ruins" (da WashingtonPostBooks)

Nessun commento: