giovedì 23 agosto 2007

Virginia WOOLF: "She has two lives. She has the life she is leading, and also the books she is writing"














"[...] Ma se aprite la mente, fin dal dipanarsi delle prime frasi, segni e indizi sottili, quasi impercettibili, vi presenteranno un essere umano diverso da ogni altro. Immergetevi nel testo, acquistatene dimestichezza, e non tarderete a scoprire che
il vostro autore vi sta dando, o sta cercando di darvi, qualcosa di molto ben definito [...]"

La biografia di Virginia Woolf: Possiedo la mia anima. Il segreto di Virginia Woolf di Nadia Fusini.
I libri di Virginia Woolf
La signora Dalloway
E proprio sulla protagonista di La signora Dalloway - e sulla scrittrice stessa - è costruito il romanzo di Michael Cunnigham Le ore (The Hours): "Dearest, I feel certain that I am going mad again: I feel we can't go through another of these terrible times. And I shan't recover this time. I begin to hear voices, and can't concentrate. So I'm doing what seems the best thing to do. You have given me the greatest possible happiness. You have been in every way all that anyone could be. I don't think two people could have been happier till this terrible disease came. I can't fight it any longer, I know that I'm spoiling your life, that without me you could work. And you will, I know. You see, I can't even write this properly. I can't read. What I want to say is that I owe all the happiness of my life to you. You have been entirely patient with me and incredibly good. I want to say that, everybody knows it. If anybody could have saved me it would have been you. Everything has gone from me but the certainty of your goodness. I can't go on spoiling your life any longer. I don't think two people could have been happier than we have been. Virginia".
Al romanzo di Cunnigham si ispira il film The Hours di Stephen Daldry (2002).
La colonna sonora del film: The Hours di Philip Glass.

Nessun commento: